Letter to Myself

Hi Coralie, I hope this letter finds you well! Considering the fact that you’ll be 40 years old 20 years from now that’s actually pretty gross but I’m sure you look great. You have to remember to take care of yourself, you only get one life and there aren’t any do overs. This is your body and it’s your temple so you must keep it in excellent condition, I hope that since you are an actual grown woman with hopefully some kids by now that I don’t have to remind you to eat and drink water, you actually need those things to stay alive! By now you’ve graduated college and law school, you’re happily married and hopefully with kids. I hope you’ve been able to stay in Tampa and be close to your family, but I understand if that’s not the way things panned out for you. At this point in time the world is a crazy place, the earth is dying on us, the government is a joke, being a black woman is just as hard as it’s ever been but you’re still finding a way to be happy, you’re doing it and you’re trying your best and you should be proud of yourself. You’re a hard worker and somethings won’t ever change but please remember to slow down, stop and enjoy the roses and appreciate all that you’ve worked for. Call Dorine even if she nags about how annoying you are, she’ll miss you more than she lets on and that’s okay too. I hope you’ve gotten yourself a dog or two because I don’t think you’ll soon forget how much you loved Kodak she’s incredibly bothersome and quite possibly the most annoying creature to ever walk the earth but she’s sweet and gives great cuddles. I hope you still get your nails done and I hope you still go to Pam, I can’t even imagine anyone else doing your nails and maybe at this point in your life you can finally afford to get and maintain eyelash extensions because lord knows you need them! I hope you’re still close with Jahaud, Spencer, Caleb, I can’t imagine a world where you’re not close with them. Life is good and you’re doing great so I’m proud of you and I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts